The incumbent is responsible to take full responsibility of the procurement function, leading a team of buyers/expeditors that support the operations of Sakura Ferroalloys
√ Minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or relevant
√ Minimum 8 years of working experience in Procurement / Contracting
√ Minimum 5 years of experience in Supervisory level
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and driving the progress of the RTO conversion to Purchase Order by the buyers. Intervening and provide guidance on the resolution for rush order.
- Assessing the capability of new vendor and proposing to end user (Engineering/ production). Including evaluating the capability of vendor proposed by the end user
- Reviewing, evaluating and approving the RTO in Syspro, based on the assigned band limit
- Monitoring and driving the on time delivery for Purchase Orders issued to vendors. Providing support and guidance to Expeditor on issue resolution with vendors, forwarders and transporters
- Reviewing and signing off on new application for Duty Import and SST exemption to Custom Dept. Correspond and visit the Custome Dept Office as deemed appropriate and when necessary. Establish good rapport with all relevant government department.
- Reviewing and signing off on forwarding quotation for ex works purchase
- Developing and grooming the procurement staff and embeds the culture of continuous learning. Inculcate the safety conscious culture by encouraging intervention culture within the team members.
- Assessing staff capacity and provide avenue for growth. Identifying gap close and plan for professional training for each staff.
- Reviewing and signing off invoices for payment. Pushing for payment on time as to appreciate for performing vendors
- Daily interactions with warehousing staff and to foster working relationship among procurement (buyers/expeditors) and storekeepers
- Performing post award contract management. Monitor the expiry of the contract and develop a master plan for contract extension/renewal. Co-develop new tender with contract holder.
- Leading the tendering process, administering tender evaluation by the committee and coordinating award recommendation by the Board. Maintaining a good filing of all the contract documents, either hardcopy or electronic copy.
All candidates must be able to communicate in English, computer literate and have good communication skills with various working levels. This position to be based at Samalaju Industrial Park, Bintulu, Sarawak.
Application closing date : 6 November 2020